TERMS OF ACCESS
A. This Website (referred to in these Terms of Access as the "Website") is owned and operated by the City of Greater Geelong (COGG) on the World Wide Web (WWW). The material on the Website is copyright ©.
B. The Website is available for you to access conditional on your acceptance without alteration of the terms and conditions set out below/on this linked page. By continuing to access the Website you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set out below.
Use of material on the Website
1. Except for the limited use set out in clause 2 you may not use the Website, or the material contained on it, for any purpose. This includes:
1.1. the reproduction of the material in any material form;
1.2. the distribution of the material in any material form;
1.3. re-transmission of the material by any medium of communication;
1.4. uploading and/or reposting the material to any other site on the WWW;
1.5. "framing" the material on the Website with other material on any other WWW site.
The above are unlawful in any jurisdiction and are specifically prohibited by these Terms of Access.
2. Notwithstanding the above restrictions on use of the material on the Website, you may download material from the Website for your personal use provided you do not remove any copyright or trade mark notices contained on the material.
3. You may not modify or copy:
3.1. the layout of the Website; and
3.2. any computer software and code contained in the Website.
4. COGG reserves all intellectual property rights, including, but not limited to, copyright in material and/or services provided by it. The material provided on the Website is provided for personal use only and may not be:
4.1. re-sold and/or re-distributed in any material form;
4.2. stored in any storage media; and/or
4.3. re-transmitted in any media,
without the prior written consent of COGG.
Links to other Websites
5. The Website contains links to sites on the WWW owned and operated by third parties and which are not under the control of COGG.
6. In relation to the other sites on the WWW, which are linked to the Website, COGG:
6.1. provides the links to other sites as a convenience to you and the existence of a link to other sites does not imply any endorsement by COGG of the linked site; and
6.2. is not responsible for the material contained on those linked sites.
7. The Owner is making the Website available for others to publish information without assuming a duty of care to users. COGG is not in the business of providing professional advice and gives no warranty, guarantee or representation about the accuracy, reliability or timeliness or otherwise, of the information contained on the Website and/or linked sites on the WWW.
8. To the full extent permitted by law COGG disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, regarding:
8.1. the accuracy, reliability, timeliness or otherwise of any information contained or referred to on the Website and/or any linked sites; and
8.2. merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of any service or product contained or referred to on the Website and/or any linked sites.
9. COGG will not be liable under any circumstances for any loss of profits or any damages of any kind recognised by law (even if it has been advised of the possibility of such loss of profits or damages) which are the consequence of you:
9.1. acting, or failing to act, on any information contained on or referred to on the Website and/or any of the linked Websites; and
9.2. using or acquiring, or your inability to use or acquire, any service or product contained or referred to on the Website and/or any linked sites.
10. COGG does not warrant guarantee or make any representation that:
10.1. the Website, or the server that makes the site available on the WWW are free of software viruses;
10.2. the functions contained in any software contained on the Website will operate uninterrupted or are error-free; or 10.3. errors and defects in the Website will be corrected.
11. COGG is not liable to you for:
11.1. errors or omissions in the Website, or linked sites on the WWW;
11.2. delays to, interruptions of or cessation of the services provided in the Website, or linked sites; and
11.3. defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user of the Website, whether caused through negligence of COGG, its employees or independent contractors, or through any other cause.
12. You agree to accept the full cost of any repair, correction or maintenance of any of your computer software or hardware, which may be necessary as a consequence of you accessing the Website.
Limitation of liability
13. Disclaimer One and/or Disclaimer Two may not apply to you in jurisdictions in which limitations on or exclusions of warranties or liabilities are not permitted by law. To the full extent permitted by law COGG's liability for any implied warranty or condition is limited, at the choice of COGG, to one or more of the following:
13.1. If the breach of an implied warranty or condition relates to services:
13.1.1. the supply of the services again; or
13.1.2. the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
13.2. If the breach of an implied warranty or condition relates to goods:
13.2.1. the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
13.2.2. the repair of such goods;
13.2.3. the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods, or having the goods repaired.
Use of information gathered
14. COGG and/or people authorised by it may gather and process the information:
14.1. which you may provide when accessing the Website, such as your name, address, e-mail address and other personal information about you; and
14.2. regarding the way in which you use the Website including, without limitation, information acquired through the use of "cookies" programmed during the accessing of the Website.
15. COGG may authorise others to offer you goods and services using the information acquired through 14.1 and 14.2.
Termination of access
16. COGG may terminate access to the Website at any time without giving any explanation or justification for the termination of access, and COGG has no liability for any costs, losses or damages of any kind arising as a consequence of terminating access to the Website.
Alteration of Terms of Access
17. COGG reserves the right to change these Terms of Access:
17.1. with or without further notice to you; and
17.2. without giving you any explanation or justification for such change.
18. If any part of these Terms of Access is found to be void, unlawful, or unenforceable then that part will be deemed to be severable from the balance of these Terms of Access and the severed part will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
19. These Terms of Access will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the law of the State of Victoria, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws.
20. You agree to the jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Victoria to determine any dispute arising out of these Terms of Access.