The Geelong Region's natural heritage is undoubtedly one of its greatest physical assets.
Geelong also has a long and colourful history, rich with maritime exploits and agricultural pursuits, a promising and glowing future, and a community with a strong arts and culture focus - all of which have provide unique opportunity for film locations.
There is a bountiful supply of untapped opportunities, and coupled with our neighbouring municipalities, Geelong can offer virtually any location destination.
The region offers:
- Lush rainforests to barren plains
- Busy city streets and quiet country lanes
- Meandering creeks winding their way to pounding surf
- Natural and undisturbed Australian bushland and multipurpose agricultural and
- Bay and seaside regions to rural hinterlands
- Flowing rivers and picturesque waterfalls
- Historic mansions and homesteads to modern hotels and apartments
- A host of 19th Century industrial sites
- The 21st Century Gardens, Botanic Gardens and Eastern Park
- The Brisbane Ranges and pristine country at the You Yangs
- The eclectic coastal dwellings at Avalon Beach
- The stark white landscape of the Geelong Saltworks
- Popular coastal towns including Barwon Heads, Ocean Grove, St Leonard's and Portarlington
- The famous surf beaches at Ocean Grove
- Historic Queenscliff with its humble fisherman's cottages through to grand Victorian-era hotels
And so the list goes on! Such a list is just the tip of the iceberg for the extremes that can be found in the Geelong region. There are so many varied sites to consider within the region. Search the Locations Database to discover the potential the Geelong Region has for your project.
The region's people
Geelong's people are a proud and relaxed bunch, which comes with living by the water in a sophisticated town without city stress, and having one of the best lifestyles in Australia. With a proud and diverse history as a prosperous trading port, Geelong is a community enriched throughout time by cultures from around the globe.
While nearly 80% of locals were born in Australia, there is a healthy representation from the rest of the world, ensuring a vibrant, diverse and dynamic community culture. Overseas born residents from the United Kingdom make up the biggest group along with those from Germany, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Croatia and Italy.